Guess what? You’re an energy field. You have a body, which has mass. Your mass consists of atoms, which consist of protons, neutrons, electrons.
Atoms aren’t solid like billiard balls. They’re mostly empty. The nucleus is one-trillionth of an atom’s volume. The orbiting cloud of electrons makes up the rest, which is mostly empty, too. But within this emptiness is a force field. Invisible, infinite energy forces and holds your atoms – and you – together.
Atomic particles are 2% of your mass. The other 98% of your mass is energy. You’re an energy field.
You are living proof that Einstein was right. Your mass is energy. Your energy is mass. Einstein said: E = mc2. Energy and mass are interchangeable. They’re the same, related to one constant: The speed of light.
Which brings us to Easter.
Not only are most of us wrong about our bodies, we’re mostly wrong about Easter, too.
Easter isn’t a past event. Easter is a continuing reality. Easter didn’t happen once and only for Jesus. Easter is happening right now for you.
Our Scripture says: We were one thing, but now we’re another. We were perishing seed. But our dying nature is now transformed unto an undying destiny.
We were doomed and dead. Now we’re redeemed and resurrected. Easter life isn’t only when you get to heaven. Easter life is today because Jesus Christ is risen today. He’s alive. He’s here. He’s not only with you. He’s within you.
Jesus lives in you. The old you is history. The new you is here. Ego has died. Easter has arisen. You are no longer enslaved to the false trinity of me, myself, and I. You are free because you are a new creation in Jesus Christ.
The force that raised Jesus is alive in you. George Lucas got it wrong. It’s not: May the Force be with you. Easter means the Force isn’t with you; it’s in you. By grace in Christ, the Easter Force Field of redeeming love and resurrecting life is alive in you and me and us all.
Who knew? I didn’t know I was an energy field, but I am. Scientifically, that’s true. I didn’t know that a force field of Easter energy is alive in me, but it is. Spiritually, that’s true. Eternally, that’s true. And there’s nothing I can do about that; except to say: Thanks. And then gratefully live a life of love with God for others by grace in Christ.
In Christ means that although Christ is within me, I’m really in him. In Christ means that the Love saving and living and moving in me right now is all him. A surfer is nothing without the wave and its power. The surfer just cooperates with that energy by moving with it.
In Christ means, yes, I’ve got my little board, but Christ is the mighty, moving wave. Yes, I’ve got agency. But the infinite energy of the ocean is what gets the job done. A surfer isn’t a surfer without surf. I’m not a new creation without Christ’s re-creating Easter energy flowing through me. But thanks be to God – it does: Christ’s Easter life is my life. His Life is mine because I am his. Christ living in me; moving through me. His life force, his resurrecting energy, his redeeming love.
By grace means that that movement, Resurrection, and salvation is sheer gift. It’s all mercy. No strings. Always given. Always free. I can’t earn it. I can’t deserve it. I can’t lose it. I can only receive it gratefully and share it generously – and when I do, Easter is unleashed.
Forgive someone who shouldn’t be forgiven. In an unforgiving world, that’s odd. That’s an Easter interruption – eruption! – that allows for something new, loving, and living to arise.
Bless those who suffer. That unleashes Easter energy, overturning death and despair so that something new invades history. That something is the Kingdom of God. The someone is you through whom that resurrecting energy flows. That’s what happens when you say “yes” to the Easter energy alive in you.
Old seed, new growth. Old existence, new life. Old history, new future. You are living proof that Christ is right. Christ said: I am the Way, Truth, and Life. In that spiritual equation; Way, Truth, and Life are interchangeable. One leads to the other because they are all one and the same, related to each other by a constant, which is the Crucified and Risen Christ, who reigns in heaven and lives in you.
Which makes other things interchangeable, too: Allowing your dead ends to become new beginnings. Erasing your unforgiveable, selfish deeds by his forgiving, selfless love. Negating the hellish force of death that’s dragging you down by the Easter energy of Life that’s raising you up.
You are an energy field. You have Easter energy transforming, redeeming, loving you. Dancing within you. Join the dance. Say “yes” to Christ. Unleash the Easter alive in you. Arise, love, and live.